THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO RIDE THE 2019 HUNDO/HUNDitO
Race Day is June 15, 2019
Registration opens at Noon January 15, 2019
If you have ridden the HUNDO or HUNDitO you helped distribute over $470,000 to our nonprofit partners and community organizations in the Bailey area. In order to be a financially sustainable event and continue to offer significant financial support to our nonprofit mission of supporting youth biking initiatives around the state and trail building in the Platte Canyon area we require a minimum racer donation/fundraising commitment of $200 (over and above the 2019 $55 registration fee).
Legacy riders are guaranteed an entry into the 2019 race if registered by March 1st, 2019. If you started the 2018 race you are a Legacy Racer. (Exceptions may be made on an individual basis).
All riders receive:
Goodie Bags, Course map poster, Personalized Number Plate, Personalized Fundraising web link, Pre-Race Dinner, Camping, Post-Race Dinner Post-Race Music, Post-Race Beer Garden, Pint Glass.
WANT TO RIDE AN EPIC RACE THAT MAKES AN EPIC DIFFERENCE?
Important changes in the registration process for 2019. Please check the box at the bottom indicating you have read each bullet.
- The race is capped per the USFS. When the cap has been received the race registration will close. Do not delay in securing your spot as this race sells out. Register now.
- Registration is $55 plus a fundraising commitment of $200 is required to complete your registration and entry into the race. The average fundraising per racer was over $500 in 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018!
- On-line advance registration only. We will NOT accept payment at packet pick up or the rider safety meetings. The minimum $200 commitment must be paid by Monday June 3, 2019.
- Each racer that applies to race the HUNDO will receive a fund raising link. Send it to your family and friends so they may help you meet your fundraising goal.
- Jerseys will be given to all registrants who fulfill the $200 fund raising commitment. Racers who reach the $200 goal by April 25, 2019 will receive a jersey at packet pick up. All others who reach their $200 commitment after April 25th will receive a jersey no later than September 20, 2019.
- All registration transactions have a service fee. Donations also have a service fee, but the donor will have the opportunity to tell us who they want to pay the service fee, themselves or the HUNDO. We hope that most donors will elect to pay the service fee themselves, as the HUNDO is a non-profit organization raising funds for kids, bikes and trails.
- We allow transfers for a limited time for the same individual to a shorter or longer race distance. Requests for race length or race category changes will not be accepted after Friday May 24, 2019.
- No refunds will be issued for registration or donation dollars, unless you insured your registration.
- Insurance. The HUNDO provides Event Cancellation Insurance for every racer as part of your registration fee; so fire, environmental disaster or acts of terrorism are covered (see coverages during registration). The amount you pay when you register is the covered amount - any donations to your fundraising effort occuring after your registration transaction are not insured. However, this insurance does not cover injuries, sickness, car breakdowns, airline failures, change of plans, etc. We have made Rider Cancellation coverage available for these instances and you have the option to purchase during the registration process. Please consider purchasing additional Rider Insurance as there are no refunds.
- If you have questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Hello Legacy Bailey HUNDO/HUNDitO Racers! (Those that started the race last year)
Dear 2018 Racers,
Thank you for your participation in the 2018 Bailey HUNDO.
In 2019 there will again be a 50 mile course, the Bailey HUNDitO! Both the 100 mile and 50 mile mountain bike races will take place on Saturday, June 15th, 2019. The HUNDO and HUNDitO racers will commit to raise at least $200 each by June 3rd to support cycling, trails and youth related causes in Colorado. The funds racers raised next year will benefit three nonprofit partners to the HUNDO: Trips for Kids Denver, the Colorado High School Cycling League, and the Colorado Mountain Bike Association; as well as support the effort to build trails and publicize the riding in the Bailey area.
For more information and updates on the HUNDO, please follow us on Twitter @baileyhundo, like us on Facebook, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to educate citizens and businesses in the Platte Canyon and trail enthusiasts everywhere about Bailey’s potential as the Front Range’s perfect recreational-trails hub. The conceptual trails “master plan,” commissioned by the HUNDO and COMBA, casts a vision of Bailey as an economically thriving trail-sports destination following in the footsteps of economic revitalization stories like Fruita, CO.
Legacy racers will select their name from a pull-down list to speed their registration process into the 2019 Bailey HUNDO beginning January 15th at noon. If you don't see your name on the Legacy Racer List and did race last year, please contact registration directly at email@example.com. Use your Legacy racer privilege by February 7th or lose it.
We hope to see you in 2019!
The Bailey HUNDO board and Staff
Update Time for racers!
1. To be a financially sustainable event, and be able to remain faithful to our nonprofit mission of supporting youth biking initiatives around the state and trail building in the Platte Canyon area, the Board has decided it will leave in place the minimum racer donation of $200. This year the $200 must be paid by June 3rd, or your spot in the race will not be held. There will be no flexibility on that number for racers NEW to the race in 2019. The average per racer was more like $500 in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018! If you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: We are requiring a $55 registration fee up-front to reserve your spot. You will have until June 3rd to raise the additional funds ($200+) to meet your pledge.
2. Sponsors supplement the generous racer donations we receive, the HUNDO is looking for companies to help sponsor the race this year and partner with us to further our mission. Our goal is to bring in at least $300,000! Do you have a company that can help us meet this goal Please contact the ride director at email@example.com so we can give you more information.
All of us working on the Bailey HUNDO want to thank you again for your continued support and understanding as we work to grow our small but mighty race. Your input and suggestions are valued and appreciated, so please continue to help make us aware of what we can be doing better. Looking forward to having you on that starting line again this year!
Rust-free chains and tailwinds,
The Bailey HUNDO team